Saturday, September 21, 2013

Beef Tips and Rice

There is nothing better on a rainy or cold day than a good hearty, meaty meal! My family loves beef tips so when it was requested I went on an internet search to find an easy recipe...and boy did I find a good one!
Not one thing was adapted for this recipe, save the types of meat I use sometimes.
Here is the link to the original recipe: Copyright © 2013 The FOURnet Information Network. All rights reserved.http://cooks.com/1n6b1936

Here's what you will need:
- 2lbs of stew meat (the original recipe calls for beef...I have used lamb and it's fantastic and as soon as my husband goes hunting I'm planning on trying venison as well)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans french onion soup
- rice

1. Preheat oven to 275
2. Mix all your cans of soup together

3. Add in meat (again you can use beef, lamb, buffalo, venison...etc...lamb is preferred)

4. Place in an oven safe dish (I use a 9x13) and cook for 4 hours

5. I usually wait until about 20 min before the 4 hours is up and start my rice (I don't normally use minute rice, but feel free)
6. Take the meat mixture out of the oven and serve over rice!

This recipe is SO easy that it has become one of our go to's!

No comments:

Post a Comment